Sunday, November 18, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Stay

Stay reminds me of a dog command, a stay of execution, to be still, to linger, like the song lyrics..."Stay just a little bit longer"...or "Baby it's cold outside." Stay, means don't move. I'll be right back. Stay can be a question, command, or statement and mean so many things.
I can't choose which meaning to write about, except that I am in a position to stay, and always am. I can stay where I am or move on. I will not stay for long in this emotional place I am in, but I am here for a time. I will not stay in a prison ever again, whether self or other-inflicted. To stay means I can keep my sanity in a safe place and take care of myself. I have the wisdom to know the difference now. I have the peace and serenity that cannot go...Yes, I can accept staying because I always know this world is not my home. When He is ready I will stay with Him forever.

1 comment:

  1. amen.

    I look forward to being with Him forever as well!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete