Monday, October 25, 2010

Smoke Stained Walls...

Gently He waited by blackened, smoke stained walls. I couldn't leave Him standing there-He was waiting for me. We stood there together looking at the Blackness.There was an outline of a pink heart spray-painted there. I don't quite know why.He implored if we could go in. I told Him no, but He told me we must. He waited, looking at me, but I was afraid.
I let Him open the door to this chamber. Inside, all was burnt, everything in the room was black, with no sign of color-it hurt me to look-I could not even recognize anything.
Papa picked up a stump of something, or He pointed to it and said "That is your trust." And, I realized that He was right, because I felt that He was showing me how charred my trust really is. There was only a little bit that was untouched by flame.
I guess the fire that hit this room took everything~or at least tried to. No one was there to begin cleaning. Papa just asked if we could leave the door open.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your path straight.
What does your "trust" chamber look like? Is it full of life, trying to grow, burned up, or still on fire? God can work on even the most horrendous disasters. Look to Him and ask Him to heal your broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment